Author Topic: A monk applying to Nordlys, cause AD got a DKP system.  (Read 3523 times)

Offline Cogo

• Demi-god Member
    • http://ad.eqloft.com
A monk applying to Nordlys, cause AD got a DKP system.
« on: August 21, 2003, 08:58:20 pm »
Taken from the Nordlys board.
The name of the person has been removed here.

Dear Nordlys,

hi there, wanted to ask you for an application i have met a few of your guildmembers and been to the planes with some of them, has been pretty fun i have to admit, but mostly i have talked to gonaden about the raiding and heard that you do not take them too seriously and involve this so called dkp. I was willing to join ancient dominion but after being in one of their raids and they used dkp i know i werent going to get a chance at getting some raid items compared to the good old rand100 where the individual gets a random chance of getting the item.
I used too be in vanguard exodus but due to some unfortunate circumstances it is falling apart so i have decided to move on, hopefully some of our members will be up for joining but most are heading towards AD. All i want to do is have fun i pay the game to play nuff said )
your guild has helped me before and it will be a priviledge to join you.
Cogo Hatemachine
"I dont agree with what you are saying but I'll die defending your right to say it"
-Voltaire

Offline Evertonia

• http://www.evertonfc.com
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2003, 02:29:07 am »
''I was going to join AD but then I realised I actually have to help out on raids to get my ph4t lewts.  Earn loot? Dumb idea if you ask me.  Instead I'm gonna join you where I can just turn up on the monkdrop raids and /random kk thx la~''

This has to be the worst application ever, can't believe they guilded him!  Anyway what's he talking about?  He *did* get loot with us, he ninja looted a BoT key piece (sash).  No pleasing some people.
Evertonia EffCee

Quote from: Biktin
Status Quo are teh sux0r!

Offline Biktin

• God-like Member
Hmm
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2003, 10:34:01 am »
Great Voltaire quote btw. (Altho IIRC he worded it different, Lydia Lunch put it in those words tho)

And well, dunno why he objected to the dkp, VE was instituting one also, and in fact he attended every single raid we ever did so he would have benefitted if he kept that type of attendance in any other guild *shrug*...

To say he ninja looted the sash is a tad unfair Evertonia, we were told it was FFA on the sashes and heads. Saying that, yes, there is no pleasing some people.

Personally, I'm all in favour of it, I spent over 24 hours raiding Kael and didn't win a single drop, whereas someone who attended his first plate cycle raid won the /rand 100 roll.

If you think about it, the dkp system will iron itself out, the people who have attended most raids will have the best kit and will therefore not need to bid on items that others will consider upgrades. Tried to explain that to him, but he obviously just didn't like the idea of it. Shame, great guy and great puller ;)

Offline Evertonia

• http://www.evertonfc.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 04:49:28 pm »
Hi Biktin,

Thanks for telling us the other side to the story.  Sounds more like he didn't quite understand how the dkp system works.  Sorry if I was a bit harsh, I'm very protective over AD and don't like seeing anything negative said about us.

With the sash, you were clearly told FFA *but* AD members first on these pieces, many members still missing this.  This is a common item though so not a big issue.
Evertonia EffCee

Quote from: Biktin
Status Quo are teh sux0r!

Offline Biktin

• God-like Member
np
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2003, 06:11:21 pm »
np evertonia, your concern is understandable  :D
Wee misunderstandings such as this are inevitable on mixed guild raids  :?

Offline Mhusica

yeah great guy.
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2003, 09:44:22 am »
I know this monk well, hes a great guy and a serious player. Agree with biktin, seems he might have understood our loot system abit. Either way i wish him luck in Nodlys.
Mhusica, the wise bard.

Offline Lhyrica

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2003, 02:29:18 pm »
Aye, love just about every VE member except that nasty gnome cleric  =)  Nah just kidding. I know this monk aswell and its a good guy. Best of luck in Nordlys.