Author Topic: Guild bank full  (Read 700 times)

Offline Sheq

Guild bank full
« on: October 27, 2019, 10:41:45 am »
Hi Guys,

I have read a few posts that mention the guild bank being too full to be useful with a full guild adding to it. When i was in Bobs, they had bought several houses and use each to store 'stuff', for instance one house had TS stuff, another armour, yet another collectables and so on. Would this be a solution for the guild bank problem? The guild bank could then be used as a clearing house for the bigger storage cul-de-sac in our village.

Thoughts?

Offline Dauredhel

• God-like Member
Re: Guild bank full
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 12:35:21 pm »
A solid idea, one that I had not thought of  :)

leave it with me  ;D

I mean...i'm not perfect...pretty close but not perfect...but some of the stuff ppl pull off...it's like...you never been in a raid before? - Cuba - 19 July '10

Offline Frangipan

• Demi-god Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 07:07:40 pm »
If we do this please may we have an area for armour ornamentations. 
Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate!

Offline Biktin

• God-like Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 11:27:20 pm »
I got lost in the new guild hall thingy and am scared of housing :(

Offline Yirrara

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 07:47:01 pm »
This does work to extend storage (especially if you don't need very fine grained access rights) but it takes quite a bit of effort on people sorting the stuff from the bank to the houses if it's like it was back when I was in BYU ...

Offline Nuukee

• Super Hero Member
  • Everyone get on the Trump Train!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 09:45:26 pm »
My idea was to have DB actually use TABS in the guild banks. When you place a TS item in the bank, it would auto go to the tab called Tradeskills. Then just have separate tabs for all the types of items. Say like FOOD / DRINK tab, Armor Tab, Augments tab etc. Then no need for all the houses etc.
 However, until that happens the separate houses sounds like a good idea and the monthly Plat fee could be taken out of plats when we win raids or something.

Cool idea, but if someone could forward my TABS idea to DB that'd be best. :)

Offline Asmadeus

• Demi-god Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 06:47:13 am »
tabs is all good and fun but it's not so much a sorting issue than a there's just not enough slots available to put all the junk we have issue.

I agree with Theo it's going to be a lot of work, though.
A bit of self-discipline could help, e.g. make the said houses free to deposit items for anyone (if able) and tag as many guildees as possible as trustee to be able to pick stuff themselves (but even that in itself would take time if we're to do it in ~4 houses), then try to point people in the right direction...

Things need testing too, I don't think individual housings will let people stack items (thinking e.g. collectibles), so a trustee would have to pick all identical items up and put them back once in a while and stuff like that, just thinking about it sounds like a PITA. We can buy multiple guild halls, would they get separate guild banks? :P

Anyway, we've discussed the idea a bit after last raid and decided it's worth testing at least. This is still better than the mule accounts some officer used to have before guild banks... I think?

Offline Laurielle

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 10:07:18 am »
i love doing housing and staff, i would offer my help with the organisation!
Bill: Ted, while I agree that, in time, our band will be most triumphant, the truth is, Wyld Stallyns will never be a super-band until we get Eddie Van Halen on guitar.
Ted: Yes, Bill, but... I do not believe we will get Eddie Van Halen before we have a triumphant video.
Bill: Ted, it's pointless to have a triumphant video before we have decent instruments.
Ted: Well, how can we have decent instruments if we don't really even know how to play?
Bill: That is why we need Eddie Van Halen!
Ted: And that is why we need a triumphant video!
Both:  EXCELLENT!

Offline Malindra

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 10:38:05 am »
No Laurielle, there is no house for your shoes to organise  :P

Offline Dauredhel

• God-like Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 10:45:25 am »
Collectibles house is up and running (I just have to move over the ones in GB currently).  Check out Oak Circle Lake, Plot 102 Park Circle.

In answer to questions:  I have it set up so anyone in guild can enter, anyone in guild can deposit a collect, mains in guild only can remove collects.  I would rather prefer that we stick to CoTF and later collects (the ones needed for shoulders).

And yes, collects automatically stack when deposited.

Downside:  We'll probably still run out of space :D  But lets see how we go.

I'll probably do a once per week transfer of anything that appears in the main guild bank, so if you are lazy and CBA to go to housing, grab em fast!

EDIT:  A ll items now moved over!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:21:52 am by Dauredhel »

I mean...i'm not perfect...pretty close but not perfect...but some of the stuff ppl pull off...it's like...you never been in a raid before? - Cuba - 19 July '10

Offline Elfguard

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 04:02:28 pm »
Check out Oak Circle Lake, Plot 102 Park Circle.

anyone in guild can enter, anyone in guild can deposit a collect, mains in guild only can remove collects.

And yes, collects automatically stack when deposited.

EDIT:  A ll items now moved over!

was there
for me the House is empty,
dunno how to watch , remove or place an item there or annywhere !
Elfguard, War 29K

Offline Dauredhel

• God-like Member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 05:14:26 pm »
Well you have to open the real estate window and hit the items tab.........

Offline Yirrara

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 06:40:32 pm »
Which is "Shift-I" in the default key bindings.

I believe stuff only stacks if deposited from the same person, so if multiple people deposit there will be duplicates until somebody retrieves them & redeposits them (which is easy enough to do once space runs low - sort list by name, grab duplicates and deposit again ...)

Offline Asmadeus

• Demi-god Member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 06:55:18 pm »
I believe stuff only stacks if deposited from the same person, so if multiple people deposit there will be duplicates until somebody retrieves them & redeposits them (which is easy enough to do once space runs low - sort list by name, grab duplicates and deposit again ...)

Yes, that is what I was saying - someone who can grab 'em will need to do that once in a while.

I'll have a look, thanks Daur!